[lbo-talk] Re: FW: My Very, Very Allergic Reaction To Brad Delong On Chomsky (from ZNet)

Thiago Oppermann thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 25 09:02:37 PDT 2003

On 26/7/2003 1:42 AM, "lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> wrote:

> Mark Pavlick (quoting E. Herman) wrote:

How seriously is Herman taken anyway? He's a bit of a nutter, no? The points on de Long's appreciation of Chomsky seem... tortuous, maybe obsessive to the point of being more than a little self-defeating. Rather like the text it criticizes, in my opinion. Some things are just so silly they don't merit reply but Herman seems to make a career out of replying to precisely these. That's definitely the case with Brad's little hissy fit about the old Chomp... why not let it slip? It was way overblown and really wasn't going to convince anyone who wasn't already convinced - a sub-scholarly effort. But now that looks like a sterling performance next to Herman's depraved rambling. Pox all around, I am afraid.

Thiago