[lbo-talk] Why Were The Hussein Boys Killed?

Miike Quenling Ellis flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 14:16:08 PDT 2003

--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As the report rolled along, a sort of boy’s journey
> through the world of modern, portable uber-weapons, a
> question popped into my head: wouldn’t it have been
> better to capture them alive? Why didn’t US forces
> surround the area, retreat to a safe distance to avoid
> fire and wait the desperate occupants out?
>
> Has anyone heard an explanation for this? Something
> besides Rumsfeld's jimminy cricket imitative rantings
> that is.

you mean strategically? maybe they were in a hostile area... and waiting around may have increased exponentially the possibility of a much larger fight. it could have taken days or weeks. and they were about as valuable dead as alive. if they weren't completely useless as prisoners. probably a big morale thing to. soldiers hate waiting around. that's my guess...i have no idea.

~M.E.