[lbo-talk] The mixed-up debate over the new European patriotism

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Jul 25 21:33:41 PDT 2003

D Redmond wrote:

>What does it tell us when Le Pen gets resoundingly thrashed in the
>Presidential
>elections by a four-to-one ratio?

But aren't the Italian "Le Pen"s all in the government?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)