[lbo-talk] Stalin's Popular

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 02:29:13 PDT 2003

>You've apparently repeatedly stumbled across a very interesting and
>troubling phenomenon: tyrants are often well-liked by the very people they
>terrorized. Unfortunately, you take this to be proof-positive that the
>tyrants really couldn't have been all that bad.
>
>-- Luke

No. I take it as proof positive that the person in question was of the opinion that the good Stalin did outweighed the bad. It's not my business to sit in judgement on the validity of the statements of a person who lived in a time and place I never did and experienced things - the war in Germany, the Gulag - I cannot even imagine.

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail