[lbo-talk] Find Out If You're Being Sued By the RIAA for File Sharing

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Jul 26 20:52:36 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> mike larkin wrote:
>
>> http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/riaasubpoenas/

> Whew.

The RIAA subpoena stuff is all a bunch of hot air. I have a friend who used to work for the RIAA and he told me that they came up with this last ditch strategy several years ago. The feeling inside of RIAA was that the music industry has already lost the file sharing wars. It looks like this latest campaign is really aimed at the music industry, with the goal being to keep them involved in the RIAA as members.

Chuck0