[lbo-talk] Free Iraq! Come On! (Iraq & Palestine...)

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Jul 27 08:17:32 PDT 2003

On jeudi, juil 24, 2003, at 11:08 Asia/Tokyo, Brian Siano wrote:

> I'd like to point out that this "functioning state" was fascist
> dictatorship,

and also one of the most industrialized country in the area with developped health care, education, functionning public services etc, well that was mostly before 1991 of course.

> run with the goal of enriching its core leaders at the expense of its
> people.

plus you don't have to be a "fascist dictatorship" to be run with the goal of "enriching its core leaders at the expense of its people". fascist dictatorship just share the hoard with much less people than here at home, in "modern democracies", but on the other side, there is much more to share here. so you can just pretend that _everybody_ gets a share.

> If the Iraqis develop self-governance, terrific. It'll take a long
> time, however, and what happens in the meantime?

they are not going to develop anything because nobody is going to let them. self-governance->nationalization of the oil production to ensure income and rebuild the country.

jc helary