[lbo-talk] Afghanistan to harvest its biggest wheat crop

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Sun Jul 27 18:09:31 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 05:20:20 +0530, Ulhas Joglekar <uvj at vsnl.com> wrote:

> THE TIMES OF INDIA
>
> SUNDAY, JULY 27, 2003
>
> Afghanistan to harvest its biggest wheat crop
>
> PTI
>
> UNITED NATIONS: Afghanistan is about to harvest its biggest wheat crop in
> two decades thanks to good rainfall, improved security situation and
> assistance from the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).

"Our opium crop is breaking century-old records as well," says Abdullah El- Kafar, spokesman for the Afghanistan Narcotics Trafficking Union. "We are pleased to announce that, not only will American cities have the richest smack they've ever enjoyed this winter, we will be able to set aside stockpiles from our heroin processing to satisfy those aesthetes and adventurers who wish to sample the "black smoke" of fable and lore."