[lbo-talk] Queer Eye 4TSG

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jul 28 15:37:01 PDT 2003

There was a lot of debate on this list about this show before it came out, but I don't think I remember reading anything afterwards. I'm curious. Is there anyone who was against it before who would still maintain their views now that they've seen it?

Personally it's the only reality/makeover show I've ever liked -- and the only one I've ever seen that was completely lacking in mean spirit. I think it works on all three levels: as a show full of tips; as reality entertainment; and culturo-politically, as a weekly ritual enactment of friendly comraderie between gays and straights.

Michael