[lbo-talk] White Male Vote

joand315 joand315 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 19:05:58 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> mike larkin wrote:
>
>> http://www.hillnews.com/news/073003/gore.aspx
>>
>> "Yet Democrats so far have failed to capitalize on
>> Bushís potential weakness. A new poll commissioned by
>> the centrist Democratic Leadership Council shows that
>> the Democratic Party is losing support among white
>> men."
>>

>> Why is this even an issue? You don't need the white
>> male vote to get to 50% + 1.

It could be that they believe that white males are more likely to vote. Looking at this study, that's not exactly true, but it's close enough to being true, that it could be a worry. While minority voting is on the rise, the numbers just aren't there yet.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p20-542.pdf

I'm not defending the DLC, just their logic, if that makes sense. -joan

-joan