[lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 1 07:55:28 PDT 2003

Of course, Thiago you aren't brown. You are a libertarian communist.

Your phrasing reminded me of Herr Heidegger. I should have said that I meant no inference that you agreed with his sentiments.

I won't add fuel to last weeks flame war between Chris and I, now, except to say that he always attaches the worst interpretration to anything I say. On his last snidery, if this was a list called American nationalist chauvinist or GOP/DLC or Yuppie Liberal I'd say, what I've always said, that the genocides of the USG, whether towards native americans, the slave trade, slavery itself, the slaughters in Guatemala (that Allan Nairn in The Progressive showed circa mid 80's, were assisted by Control Data Corp. in Minnesota), El Salvador, Nicaragua, etc, are indeed morally equivalent, to the slaughters of the stalinists against peasants, workers and loyal Communists. Pointing out the crimes of both the State I live in, quite massive, w/o remembering the crimes of a sector of the Left, against who they claimed to be liberating and loyal cadre and rank and file caught up in demogogic, insane campaigns instigated by paranoids, is being more evan handed than those that would ignore either side of the reality of the last century.