[lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:00:57 PDT 2003

At any rate, perhaps there are instances where severe intervention in a culture is justifiable, though I think that most culture is plastic enough to adapt to our high standards of morality...

Thiago --- What do you do in a case of a culture like the Gypsies (at least the ones I see), in which the whole source of income is beggary and petty crime? What bothers me so much is not that they do this -- beggary and petty criminality aren't peculiar to Gypsies -- but that the children are given no other choice of lifestyle. They're not put in school. They are kept drugged half the time. They don't learn anything but how to beg. Should the culture be respected, or should these kids be forced to attend school? This is not a rhetorical question, I really do not know the answer.

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail