[lbo-talk] Neal Pollack and Chris Hitchens: Enemies, Friends, Lovers or Fictionalized Simulacra?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 10:08:15 PDT 2003

[neal pollack holds hitch's pen as they journey through the dark backwards]

Today's Special Guest: Christopher Hitchens! -- 5/30/2003

By Christopher Hitchens

I have written a long review of Neal Pollack's book, “I Loved Him: The Trials Of America's Greatest President,” which will appear in the July issue of I Used To Have Intellectual Integrity magazine. It is a political review, bitter and recriminatory in tone, and if you care enough you will just have to read it in full, or possibly translate it into Russian. I am not willing, and nor was I commissioned, to burden the readers of this fine magazine, paid for by a generous grant from Richard Mellon Scaife, with a detailed rebuttal of Pollack's accusations that I am a pretentious, alcoholic womanizer who cloaks his frat-boy antics in Auden references. Why should I? It's so obviously not true.

[.....]

more at

http://www.nealpollack.com/cgi-bin/blog/do.cgi/200305301119/permalink