[lbo-talk] MN: Repugs beginning to worry Iraq will be bad for them

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 1 14:18:35 PDT 2003

By the way, speaking of the potential for bourgeois troubles for Bush, my window into upper middle class thinking, the Yale class of 1975 listserv, is showing considerable fear & alarm at the Bush admin. Upstanding professionals are throwing around words and phrases like "disaster," "fascism," "ruin of the U.S.," "climate of fear," and "emigration." One federal employee, who works for a very important (and underfunded) agency (which I won't identify, to protect him) says that the professionals within his agency, as well as others like the State Department and the FDA, worry that Bush & Co intend to destroy them. My classmates aren't the high bourgeoisie, but they aren't the lumpenbourgeoisie either. The straws one clutches at...