[lbo-talk] Nemotrix

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 19:06:44 PDT 2003

Took my son today to see "Finding Nemo," and must say I enjoyed it more than "Reloaded." In fact, it's a better film. Pixar, Disney's computimation division, does first-rate work, from the two "Toy Story" films to "Monster's Inc." Predictable plots, yes, because these films are essentially morality tales; but beautifully realized and crisply paced all the same.

That said, I must comment on the crowd, most of whom brought very young kids who got bored after 10 mins and went off for the next 88. There's a cultural emphasis on kids being plugged into the mass media as early as possible, and it seems that many parents buy into this with little question. They see another Disney product on the shelf and they must have their children consume it immediately, 'else they're bad parents. It's robotic and automatic, the ultimate self-sacrifice to power.

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030601/f8b5f16b/attachment.htm>