[lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 05:17:08 PDT 2003

Who knows, maybe there is something Gypsies can teach us. I know
>they have awesome music.
>
>Thiago

--- I think what bothers me the most is this -- these people are not forced into beggary by misfortune. It is a lifestyle. Moscow has thousands and thousands of pensioners and homeless children who are forced into it. They do not need the competition!

I wasa recently walking along shooing aside like a dozen or so Gypsy kids trying to beg money from me, with their wel-trained and completely artificial "Look at me! I am suffering!" looks. I was getting prettyu fucking annoyed. Then a Russian kid (or Ukrainian, or whatever) asked for five rubles and I angrily brushed him aside. He said "You're all the same!" and ran off. Naturally enough, I did not feel good.

There's a big difference between some one forced to beg and someone who does it voluntarily (and teaches their children to do it). If that sounds petit bourgeouis, fine.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail