[lbo-talk] Re: consensus-direct-representative democracy etc

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 2 15:22:13 PDT 2003

At 4:31 PM -0400 6/2/03, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>But I disagee with you if you think that our current situation was
>>produced democratically, and that more democracy would make it
>>worse.
>
>I don't think it was produced democratically, no. But we've got to
>deal with the world that we inherited, and on many many issues,
>Americans hold fairly barbaric views

Once the American Empire gets defeated, they will lose many of the barbaric views that they currently entertain. Just compare the imperial ideology that led to the Nanjing Massacre with the dominant view of pacific if feckless citizens of Japan today on matters of war and peace.

Cf. Japanese Army's Atrocities [photos]: <http://www.cnd.org/njmassacre/page1.html>. -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>