[lbo-talk] Jon Stewart

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Jun 4 07:52:53 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "budge" <budge at el-pleasant.org>
> Last month the NYT ran an article on Jon Stewart saying he
> was a centrist, which baffled me since his perspective is
> so clearly to the left of liberal.
-(agree with your post, Stewart is definitely no centrist)

But he personally likes to pretend that he isn't a liberal, just "confused" and making fun of both sides. Hey, if Fox can pretend to be "fair and balanced", Stewart can pretend to be a centrist. Which on a lot of issues, he probably is-- just the weirdness of media projection that makes making fun of corporate corruption a "left" issue.

-- NN