[lbo-talk] Chomsky

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Jun 4 11:04:36 PDT 2003

At 01:01 PM 6/4/03 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Kelley wrote:
> >

> > er, i don't know about anyone else, but i'd like to know why you don't know
> > anyone who isn't a leftist who shares your views.
> >

>This is what I mean by mindless. The utter inability to take the obvious
>for granted. Of course I know all sorts of people and talk to all sorts.
>
>Carrol

i nub you, too. maybe you could adress the rest of what i said, because that was really the heart of it. i'll forgive you for being an asshole, though, since the smiley was intended to go right after that comment. i was just teasing you.

i know you know people. but what you seem peeved with people about on this list is when anyone discusses attempts to discuss left ideas with people who don't agree with us. and i've pointed out to you, before, why i think it's important we do so: because i agree with you--though i don't view it as THE approach--that this is one important way that lefty ideas gain a foothold (through interpersonal relationships that are meaningful to people).

kelley