[lbo-talk] Wolfowitz Speaks Plainly: Oil Was The Prime Motivation

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 13:00:32 PDT 2003

> 1) He probably feels comfortable that this will receive no play in the US,
> or will be so watered down as to be meaningless. A damn good bet.

A very good bet, even if it's not watered down. Indeed, given the present credulity of the public (if the polls are to be trusted), Wolfie could come right out and announce, to the blare of trumpets, that we went in to grab the oil, fuck the Arabs, what are they gonna do, and most Americans would applaud all the way to the gas pump.

DP