[lbo-talk] The Markets and Reality: What, If Anything, Is the Linkage?

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Jun 4 14:19:41 PDT 2003

Doug,

I fully agree that if the economy is too stagnant, that will hurt profits, and things are pretty dicey on several fronts. But, if they can keep aggregate demand from pooping out too badly, rising unemployment sure helps keep down those pesky wage demands. Do I hear anybody saying "reserve army of the unemployed"? Barkley ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 5:09 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Markets and Reality: What, If Anything, Is the Linkage?