[lbo-talk] Krugman

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jun 5 07:04:08 PDT 2003

From: Dwayne Monroe

-clip-

For example...

One of my co-workers is, by his own description, a "Mr. America kind of guy". He loves his country. of course, he supported War Plan Iraq because, like so many others, he genuinely believed that his President and Secretary of State had no other motivation except the defense of the nation. If they said that Iraq was sitting on a pile of deadly weapons that threatened the world, this must be true.

Instead of bashing him over the head with a fact hammer and assuming the high and mighty posture of the illusion free oracle, I simply pointed out to him a few instances from America's past when the government was, as the gentle saying has it, 'less than truthful'...etc.

clip- ^^^^^

Charles: So what happened ? Did "Mr America kind of guy" listen better than usual ? Did he have any new attitudes after you used your method with less facts ?