[lbo-talk] Guardian correction

Jonathan Schwarz jonathan.schwarz2 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 5 08:29:20 PDT 2003

?!

Does anyone know what's up with this? It seems unlikely that the transcript (or "transcript") would have been invented by anyone. But who knows?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/corrections/story/0,3604,970468,00.html

Corrections and clarifications

Thursday June 5, 2003 The Guardian

In our front page lead on May 31 headlined "Straw, Powell had serious doubts over their Iraqi weapons claims," we said that the foreign secretary Jack Straw and his US counterpart Colin Powell had met at the Waldorf Hotel in New York shortly before Mr Powell addressed the United Nations on February 5. Mr Straw has now made it clear that no such meeting took place. The Guardian accepts that and apologises for suggesting it did.

***

This refers to this story: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,967548,00.html