[lbo-talk] Chomsky

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 5 10:44:18 PDT 2003

>andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>>[clip] successful marketing calls for building a smaller but very loyal base.
>
>Exactly what I've been arguing for years on this list: that at any
>given time we only reach those who in some important way already
>agree with us. This is always greeted by mindless catcalls to the
>effect that I only want to talk to ideological purists or something
>like that. But the only way to reach those who _don't_ already agree
>with us is to reach those who do agree and who personally know
>others who don't.
>
>Carrol

Maybe, when folks on LBO-talk hear the phrase "talking to those who already agree with us," their brains spontaneously substitute it for a radically different one: "talking only to those who already agree with us on _everything_, including dietary preferences." -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>