[lbo-talk] The Markets and Reality: What, If Anything, Is the Linkage?

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Jun 5 11:35:07 PDT 2003

And don't forget the stimulus to manufactuing in Upper Midwest swing states from the falling dollar. Although I see no commentary on this list about that, the falling dollar is the really big player here. It can either guarantee Bush's reerection, if it goes down slowly, or crash the whole scene if it crashes as foreigners panic and dump dollars en masse. Then the stock market tanks and the Fed will be forced to jack interest rates up and Europe and Japan will also tank.

Joan Robinson accurately called what Snow and Bush are trying to pull, "beggar thy neighbor policy." Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:02 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Markets and Reality: What, If Anything, Is the Linkage?