[lbo-talk] Guardian Retracts Wolfowitz Oil Story

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 11:36:11 PDT 2003

> The sense was clearly that the US had no
> economic options by means of which to achieve its
> objectives

Which didn't stop Bush-Clinton-Bush from applying sanctions of mass destruction for over a dozen years. Does this retraction help the Bushites' cause any?

I think it's best to view the Iraqi oil with full cognizance of these people's plans for the eastern Saudi oil fields - i.e., use Iraqi oil to undercut the Saudis as swing producers, then setting about lopping the oil reserves from the kingdom.