[lbo-talk] Re: 14 characteristics of fascism

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Jun 5 12:55:40 PDT 2003

I agree and think that this is very important. In fact I think that the domestic political advantage was an even more important factor in the war on Iraq than anything else. With the war in Afghanistan over, folks were starting to refocus on the economy and other domestic issues. Instead, Bush got a Republican Senate, and very likely a second term also, unless the economy really does tank. This may not quite be fascism, but the War On Terror has clearly replaced the Cold War for keeping people in line ideologically and politically. Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 2:19 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: 14 characteristics of fascism