[lbo-talk] Wolfowitz Speaks Plainly: Oil Was The Prime Motivation(fwd)

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Thu Jun 5 19:56:32 PDT 2003

Michael Pollak wrote:

> The difference between Iraq and North Korea is not that oil is harder to
> indict. It's that people dying in North Korea aren't laid at our doorstep
> because we didn't invade 12 years ago.

Nobody has blamed North Korea for 9/11. I think the need to reorganize West Asia and North africa is seen to be vital for the US.

One half of korea (South korea) is larger and economically stronger than North Korea. So one can expect North korean regime to disintegrate. if the fSU disintegrated, even more the reason to believe that NK regime would.

Apart from north korea's nukes, North Korea shares a common border with China. How China will react to a possible war on the korran peninsula is unclear. Further, South korean don't like the idea of nuclear brinkmanship in Koreas.

Attack on Iraq was obviously less risky thing to do.

ulhas