[lbo-talk] Food Fight!

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Jun 6 09:37:08 PDT 2003

What a weird description of Alterman. He's not always perfect on Palestinian rights, but he's hardly a complete Israeli apologist either. Just read his blog from yesterday:

" I'll believe in the significance of Bush's Middle East peace efforts when he demands that Sharon start dismantling settlements. Until that happens, all of this talk will be another wasted opportunity and will leave the Palestinians feeling even more betrayed - and alienated - than before. I swear I hate the guy, really, but Arafat's right. Sharon is playing Bush like BB or Buddy Guy with a Fender Strat."

http://www.msnbc.com/news/752664.asp

How is that an "Israel firster" position?

-- Nathan Newman