[lbo-talk] Re: 14 characteristics of fascism

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Jun 6 13:00:49 PDT 2003

Is this sarcastic? I doubt anyone could have stopped 9/11. However it is not widely known that indeed the Clinton administration had a much harder line against al Qaeda than did the Bushies when they first came in. Supposedly the Clintonites endlessly told the Bushies that al Qaeda was Problem Number One, but Rummie pulled back ships in the Indian Ocean (poised to strike at camps in Afghanistan), because for him Issue Number One was getting rid of the ABM treaty, whoop-de-doo.

However, I do think that Gore would not have made the "Axis of Evil" speech and would not have invaded Iraq. Even Ralph Nader would have invaded Afghanistan after 9/11. Barkley Rosser