[lbo-talk] Soviet Life and times ( was genocide, holocaust)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Jun 6 14:25:37 PDT 2003

From: "Chris Doss" <itschris13 at hotmail.com>

ChrisD(RJ)
>wrote:You didn't really have to work, everything was taken care of for
>you...
>
>Michael Pugliese: Ask Justin about that!;-) Paternalism. "We pretend to
work and they
>pretend to pay us."
--- Chris: I'm not rooting for it. Just saying it was a pretty cushy life. Lots of leisure time. ^^^^^^ CB: Gives new meaning to the phrase "The Party's over" Contra Michael Pugliese, one would expect more leisure, less toil in a society with real workers' power and democracy, even if the democracy was not in historical liberal forms. The dictatorship of the proletariat , the working class as the ruling class are Marxist definitions of democracy. Myself, I'm rooting for it.I think most real workers would too.