[lbo-talk] Genocide, Holocaust

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at enterprize.net.au
Sun Jun 8 06:35:29 PDT 2003

At 7:29 PM -0700 7/6/03, Mike Ballard wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>I can't think of instances (ignorance probably) where
>chattel slavery wasn't accompanied by the destruction
>of the slaves' cultures, once they had been
>transported to their owners.

I see where you're coming from now, but I think you are mistaken. I suspect the culture of the enslaved individuals would go on without them. Perhaps the individuals in question would be unable to pass on their culture to their children, but the fate of a few individuals would have little impact on the culture of those left behind.

Solidarity,

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas