[lbo-talk] A (Megalo) Mania For Control: Hubris In Oribital Action

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 08:26:39 PDT 2003

[One of the most important lessons you learn, if you're fortunatnate and you're paying attention, is the simple fact that you can't control everything. I've posted about this before but it's so astounding, and this article states the situation so well, that I thought it worthwhile to do so again. It may sound like soft headed metaphysics to say so, but I'm convinced that this mania for control will be the downfall of the dominant system.]

Now the US wants control of space

By Julian Coman in Washington (Filed: 08/06/2003)

The United States is planning to take control of parts of space and develop patrolling military aircraft in orbit as part of a revived Star Wars proposal for an American military empire above the ozone layer.

According to James Roche, the US Air Force Secretary, America's allies would have "no veto power" over projects designed to achieve American military control of space.

The key theme of the ambitious plans is described as "negation" - the denial of the use of space for military intelligence, or other purposes, without American endorsement.

<snip>

full at

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/06/08/wspace08.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/08/ixnewstop.html