[lbo-talk] Zizek: Ideology Reloaded

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 8 16:24:29 PDT 2003

> >. If the forthcoming part three, The Matrix Revolutions, is to succeed
with anything like a happy ending, it will have to produce nothing less than the appropriate answer to the dilemmas of revolutionary politics today, a blueprint for the political act the left is desperately looking for.

Which means, among other things, trying to square the self-consciously (and self-righteously) polyglot ambiance of the film with its dreary and aggressive heteronormativity, and doing something to divert us from the shallow philosophical preening of its characters. (My idea is to have _everyone_ in catsuits.) I can't imagine a more potentially revolutionary project.

Christian