[lbo-talk] RE: Soviet nomenklatura privileges

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Jun 9 08:21:27 PDT 2003

Chris,

There is no contradiction here. This "chicness" does not mean that they are taking the ideas seriously. In the US, when we see 20-somethings engaging in retro styles, is there not usually an element of "irony" involved? That is certainly the sense that I had when I was in that restaurant. All a big in-joke, tovarisch. Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "ChrisD(RJ)" <chrisd at russiajournal.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 4:01 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] RE: Soviet nomenklatura privileges