[lbo-talk] Re: 14 characteristics of fascism

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Jun 9 14:56:49 PDT 2003

Thanks for the pertinent excerpts.

Jon Johanning wrote:
> All and all, I would say, the "big business bankrolled
> Hitler" thesis is probably attractive to a lot of leftists
> because (1) it reinforces the vulgar Marxist view that
> social classes are monolithic units -- all the "ruling
> class" is alike and acts in concert, and all the
> "working class" does too (or should, once it gets
> properly organized under the vanguard Party), [...]

I think it's more the view that authoritarianism must come from the existing ruling class and never autonomous populism. Any obviously repressive populism must, ipso facto, be a marionette of the ruling class.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!