[lbo-talk] Re: Self-sufficient fraud??

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Jun 11 08:43:48 PDT 2003

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/03/06/05/0641208.shtml Executing a Mass Departmental Exodus in the Workplace?

Posted by Cliff on Wednesday June 11, @10:01AM from the take-this-job-and-shove-it dept.

rerunn asks: "The recent story about the consultants from JBOSS walking out couldn't have had better timing. I'll save the drama and cut to the scenario: You and a few close co-workers make up the core grunts of 'the department'. The company relies heavily on your department for many services, some of which, other departments cannot provide. You like your job, it provides great satisfaction. Suddenly, the company realizes its in deep financial shit, and starts making cut backs. This impacts the department. You suddenly find yourself working 50-60 hour weeks, put on call with no compensation, given unreasonable amounts of work and generally treated like dirt. You get the feeling that the company is just going to take advantage of you no matter how and what happens. You get together with the rest of the department for a 'fsck this company' meeting and decide to walk out. Have you ever done this?? (We are so close!) What was the outcome?"