[lbo-talk] Government powers (was: Emailer setting request)

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:49:33 PDT 2003

> > Lenin's more popular than Tsar Nicolas II among Russians, at least.
>
>That was not my impression during my visit to Leningrad/St. Petersburg
>last year. The only Lenin's monument I saw was one at a suburban train
>station, and it was pretty dilapidated - pretty sad view, indeed (I have
>it documented on a photograph somewhere).
>
>Wojtek

That's cause Petersburg is broke. The stuff in Moscow is kept in top-notch shape. (I remember though they had to clean crap off the Lenin statue at the train station before Kim Jong Il's arrival though). There's a giant Lenin just 10 minutes from my apartment.

In polls, a majority of Russians rate Lenin as either having been "very good for the country" or "somewhat good for the country."

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus