[lbo-talk] Hey Nathan

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Jun 11 10:04:35 PDT 2003

what you're seeing is a worm, bugbear. it forges the from address, making it appear that someone else is sending the worm infected mail.

i've gotten one from Doug Hendwood <dhenwood at columbia.edu>, too. i doubt it's from nathan or doug. from my experience, someone on the e-mail list has been infected and now every address in their address book is fair game and will be forged as the from address.

every moron in the world will think you sent them the virus. aren't script kiddie virus writers soooooooooo cute?!

the first time bugbear hit the fan, i watched a bunch of fairly savvy geeks bitch at one another until they figured out that it was all in the virus author's plan. not only does the virus increase traffic, but all these people accusing one another of being the source of worm/virus infected email.

kelley