[lbo-talk] Another Poll

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jun 11 13:27:20 PDT 2003

Doug:
> With a strong economy and a high approval rating for Clinton, Gore
> should have won big, He blew it, though it's a lot more convenient to
> blame Nader.

But don't you think that Bush got an excellent press coverage from the start, being portrayed as a "new compassionate" conservative etc, whereas Gore got really bad press? That is what makes me think that the ruling class had decided it was going to be Bush in 200 and made everythink to attain that goal, by hook or crook. I smelled a rat as soon as the TV stations "revised" the results of FL exit polls they earlier reported.

Nader and Gore's supposedly 'uncharismatic' campaing are merely a convenient coverup for the 2000 coup or perhaps ex post facto rationalizations why Gore "lost" - soemthing that let people think it was Gore's sanctimonious style and Nader splitting the vote rathr than a rigged election, etc. It is like with the Weapons of Mass DIStraction - when the media say that they may be there, most of the stupid public belives they are there. If the corporate media proclaim Gore as sanctimonius, uncharismatic, and unelectable, most people will find him sanctimonious, uncharismatic and unelectable and will think that this was what did him in.

There is little doubt in my mind that the 2000 election was rigged - that the ruling class had decided in advance that they would not put up with another four years of Democrats upseting their plans for the empire - and made sure that their man got to the White House under thinly veiled democratic façade mainateind, inter alia, by the myth of Nader vote splitting or Gore's poor campaign. It would not surprise me that - if things for some reason will not be going well for Bush in 2004, we will have a code red terrorist alert, perhaps coupled with another "outbreak" of anthrax attack or something similar to it, and the election will be either postponed or otherwise rigged under the guise "fighting terrorism." Rmember, you heard it first here.

Wojtek