[lbo-talk] Another Poll

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Jun 12 00:48:48 PDT 2003

Seth wrote:

> I'm not so sure. Richard Holbrooke, who would almost certainly be Sec of
> State in a Gore admin.,

Bush's SS is Colin Powell, who hasn't exactly been gung-ho about US military adventurism over the past 12 years.

> is criticizing Bush for trying to get a second UN
> vote at all. He says we should have just invaded.

I think that Holbrooke has also argued that Bush's failure to sell the war to the UN was an avoidable diplomatic disaster.

Justin wrote:

> For one thing. trhe Republicans would never have tolerated it. They'd have
impeached him
> for blatant violations of international law.

Yes, I agree that the Dems aren't ruthless enough, though it might be worth pointing out that some Repug blowhards make the same claim about their own party.

-- Luke