[lbo-talk] Re: Self-sufficient fraud?? (was Re: Krugman)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jun 12 06:20:55 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> We say, workers, but who isn't a worker? It is a social anathema to say
> you don't work for a living. Sure we all work. But none of us look
> like we stepped out of a Kathy Kolowitz drawing.

Who was it who wrote a book in the '60s or '70s that contained a simple test for being a worker that sticks in my mind? Roughly, it was as follows: just lie in bed all day for a month. If you are not very hungry at the end of that period, you are not a worker.

Very oversimplified, of course, but ...

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _____________________________________ "Apparently if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear satanic messages. You think that's bad? If you play it forwards it installs Windows!" -- Random bit of wisdom from the Net