[lbo-talk] Negri and Evola?

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 11:31:32 PDT 2003

-- Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> wrote:

> > agenda is much with us. Consider antiglobalist
> anarchism, as represented
> > by Hardt & Negri's book "Empire." 29 Negri's
> analysis of modern history
> > follows Evola's point by point, even when it makes
> no sense, as in the
> > assertion that America is the first country whose
> political system wholly
> > excludes the transcendent.

That's false. Nowhere do they argue that America excludes the transcendent. This person needs to reread on this point what they say about Hobbes and "the people".

30 Modern anarchism
> embraces the Traditional
> > prediction that capitalism will be brought down by
> a post-modern
> > multitude, not by economic forces.

So what? I dont know what tradition the person who wrote this is coming from, but if s/he is waiting for the grande soiree in which the economic system just collapses, he is suffering from the same delusions as any millenialist. Though I have huge criticism of Lenin, I think he understood the need for a revolutionary subject.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"