[lbo-talk] toponyms

Barkley Rosser rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu Jun 12 12:47:46 PDT 2003

The current name of the actual site of Armaggedon is now known as Megiddo, or Har-Meggido. It is a village in a pass near the narrow part of Israel up above the Med, arguably a militarily strategic location for an army heading west to the Med from Babylon, which is what the bad guys were supposed to do according to the Book of Revelations.

So, yes it counts, even if "Armaggedon" is simply a bad English translation of the original name. Barkley Rosser ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gar Lipow" <lipowg at sprintmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 2:45 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] toponyms