[lbo-talk] Homer Simpson, the greatest American

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Mon Jun 16 06:25:13 PDT 2003

At 03:07 PM 6/16/03 +1000, Bill Bartlett wrote:

>Chihuahuas! Oh dear.
>
>"Battlers" please, "little Aussie battlers". A little neurotic I'll grant
>you. It seems even wealthy Australians regard themselves as battlers:
>
>Overconsumption in Australia: the rise of the middle-class battler
>http://www.tai.org.au/WhatsNew_Files/WhatsNew/DP49sum.pdf
>The Australia Institute (PDF file)

boston terriers then: "It's sad--but even sadder, it's true--that a disproportionate number of men who you will be temporarily enraptured with throughout your lifetime will turn out, to warrant killing.... In our experience the more incorrigible the guy, the more deeply in love he is with us; and his tenacity is like that of one of those unrelenting Boston terriers that will bite the end of a rope and then you can swing the rope, dog and all, around over your head a hundred miles an hour all day long and the brute will never let go."

from The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love