[lbo-talk] Notes on the UFPJ Conference (June 6-8, Chicago)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jun 16 08:53:10 PDT 2003

Bob Morris wrote:
>>From the main ANSWER website:
>
> "September 27 is the third anniversary of the beginning of the second
> Intifada of the Palestinian people whose resistance against colonial
> occupation in the past decades has been the very center of the anti-colonial
> struggle throughout the Middle East. This will be a global action of
> solidarity with all of those who are resisting empire."
>
> Yes, I think the date was chosen by European allies

Not the ANSWER central committee?

I saw ANSWER new "long term plan" the other day and I forecast another year of disruption of North American activism by this crazy group. This weekend I was in Ohio for a conference and one of the Philadelphia activists had to reassure me that the July 4th protests in that city are being organized by local coalitions. It looked to me like ANSWER was organizing that event, so I haven't promoted it at all on Infoshop, but it turns out that ANSWER is again throwing elbows in another attempt to hijack somebody else's protest.

I was also amused when reading ANSWER's reportback of their national conference at all the rhetoric that attempts to situate ANSWER as THE player in anti-war activism.

Of course, this is all boring you all to tears, so I'll stop here...

Chuck0