[lbo-talk] re:Margolis: Why There is No WMD Outrage

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jun 16 16:27:59 PDT 2003

> When the Reps were a minority, they raised hell all the time. That's
> because they really believe in something. And they became a majority.

I agree with the principle thing. But just for argument's sake, is it really true about the hell-raising? They sure raised hell over Monica and impeachment. And lost seats and Gingrich resigned.

This last election by contrast they lied through their teeth about being moderates (people actually thought they were better on health care!) and took control of both houses. And before that Bush won the election by lying through his teeth about his moderation.

Michael