[lbo-talk] Baader-Meinhof Blues

Thiago Oppermann thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 17 10:11:42 PDT 2003

Michael alluded...

> On the Baader-Meinhof website discussion board http://www.baader-
> meinhof.com/

Legião Urbana "Baader-Meinhoff Blues".

Violence is so fascinating And our lives are so normal And you spend the night and always see Lit up apartments Everything seems so real But you've seen this film too Walking the streets I thought I could hear Someone calling me Saying my name I am full of feeling empty My body is hot and I feel cold The whole world knows and no one wants to know any more After all, to love one another is so demotic This out of tune justice Is so human and so wrong We watch television too What is the diference? Don't estatize my feelings For your government My state is independent

Horrible out of meter translation by yours truly. The pun in the third last sentence is lost, since the Portuguese 'estatizar' can mean 'to nationalise' and also 'to compile statistics'... so I just made up a word.

Thiago