[lbo-talk] Black in the USSR

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 17 11:12:55 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:57:44 -0700 (PDT), Willy Greenfields <filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I actually thought that distinction belonged to the
> people of the Central Asian republics. In, say,
> Latvia, I'd argue it's more fair to say that Russians
> became the first target of nationalism.

Where Russians had been pushed from the 30's onwards, to demographically overwhelm the dominent nationalities, once independence came, post '91, there was payback.

>> Being properly
>> European means being unsympathetic towards other people.
>
> Do you read this stuff past the first paragraph before forwarding?

Yup. Nazi Germany, by the reading of Adorno and Horkheimer and Z. Bauman, in, "Modernity and the Holocaust, " http://sicsa.huji.ac.il/modernity.html was the height of European instrumentality rationality.

More stuff to contest rosy pix of ghost of Walter Duranty of the fSU, coming later tonight. After, I skimm through a huge book on anti-Semitism in the USSR at the World Affairs Council library. That and a book on the Ukranian anti-fascist/anti-Stalinist resistance!

Alexandre Fenelon, comments plz on this website...

http://www.infoukes.com/history/famine/

-- Michael Pugliese