[lbo-talk] spam subjects

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jun 17 14:35:51 PDT 2003

Spam is the one crime that has gotten me to reconsider the death penalty. I now support the death penalty for spammers. I figure that killing one or two of them would be a strong deterrent for those scumbags that are fucking up the Internet.

Now, I'm not joking about this at all. If there is one thing that raises my blood pressure as a webmaster, it's all the fucking time that I waste everyday dealing with spam. See, spammers are seriously fucking up the Internet more than anything the corporations or government could ever do. As activists and leftists, it should be a high priority for us to fight spammers, since their destruction is really hampering the use of the Internet for radical purposes.

I'm sure that many of you see spam as a minor annoyance, but for Internet services providers like myself--who runs over a dozen lists and websites--spam is multiplied to the point where it often seems like half of my time is spent deleting spam. The time I spend deleting spam takes away from the time that could be spent helping activist Internet projects.

Spam is a serious problem and it could turn the Internet into a worthless network faster than we think.

Chuck0