[lbo-talk] spam subjects

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Jun 17 15:11:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 at 6:00pm Hilary Russ wrote:

> (excerpt):
> Spam fighters say they need a good, strong federal law, like the Telephone
> Consumer Protection Act of 1991, which cracked down on junk faxes. Opponents
> of tight legislation, like the American Civil Liberties Union

unlike the ACLU, i have no trouble telling the difference between commercial speech and other speech and i have absolutley no qualms about regulating commercial speech.

the local teevve station doesn't have to let me give a speech, i do not have to provide a server for your spam.

time, place, and mannner. you do not spam on my time, in my server, in a fraudlent and decieful mannner. this is too easy even for someone who is fairly abolutist about 1-A (me).

the aclu is completly full of shit on this issue.

> and the Direct Marketing Association

yeah, these boyz are really worried about civil liberties. these scumbags are why there isn't legislation, not because of the aclu. they're the one congress listens to.

> worry about free-speech restrictions. They also point out
> that an increasing amount of spam comes from overseas,
> which puts it beyond the reach of any American law.

here! pull the other one! stop! my side hurts!

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"